I am gratified to profess that by all standards of measurement Thiruthangal Nadar College has carved a niche for itself in North Chennai. In the modern scenario where education has become another field of investment the magnanimous and dynamic members of Chennaivazh Thiruthangal Hindu Nadar Uravinmurai DharmaFund have entrenched the college with a mission of disseminating higher education of good quality to the less privileged student community. Academic excellence and decorum remain our top priority. The college has a distinct academic profile and a blending commitment to empower students with enormous opportunities to evolve their personality holistically and to acquire competence.
The education imparted at the college inculcates the values of intelligence, integration and indiscrimination. It serves as the means to bring about the desired change in the society, to develop a generation of virtuous individuals and thus contribute to the development of good human beings. I am convinced to say that the dedicated teaching staff of Thiruthangal Nadar College is the anchor to sustain the vision of the institution. Their remarkable services in moulding and inspiring the student community are highly commendable.
Member syndicate University of madras
Roles and Responsibilities in General :
- Over all Academic activities in Co-ordination with all the department Heads.
- Supervision of Time table.
- Monitoring of examination committee.
- Supporting curriculum and academic development.
- Mentoring and dealing with women related issues.
- Handling of students grievance in academic and non-academic part.
- Maintaining academic files and submitting records to principal as required.
- Planning for the development of the college
- Encouraging and guiding the staff members for the self development in their growth.
Academic Roles :
- NAAC Steering Committee co-ordinator
- IQAC – co-ordinator
- Chief examiner for Central Valuation under Madras University.
- Assistant Chief Superintendent for UG & PG Regular Examination.
- External Evaluator for Various Universities and Autonomous Bodies.
- Guide for M.Phil research Scholars under Mother Teresa Women’s University.
- Received Bharat Seva Ratan Gold Medal on 27th Dec 2014 from Global Economic Progress & Research Association for Outstanding Service in the field of Education.
- Authored 3 Books in English with ISBN
Personal Academic Development :
- Papers were presented at 6 National and International Seminars and Conferences.
- Participated in 2 UGC and British Council Workshops.
- Working with Thiruthangal Nadar College since August-1999.
- Head, Department of Corporate Secretary ship Thiruthangal Nadar College of Arts & Science
- Worked as Lecturer, Vels college of science for one year in 1997 – 98.
- Worked Finance and controlling consultant with N.M.Compusys And Triology Technology Private Limited for Three Years.
Work Area – Industry :
SAP FICO (Finance and control) CONSULTANT
SAP FICO (Finance and control) CONSULTANT
Experience in GL/bank, AR/AP, fixed assets/project treasury, FSCM, funds mgt, risk & GRC, intercompany transactions, consolidations, CCA/PCA, internal orders/transfer pricing, COPA, product costing, financial reporting, travel & expense.
Papers presented /Workshops attended:
- Workshops/Seminars attended : 12
- Papers presented National level : 2
- Papers presented Inter National level : 2
Academic Achievements & Responsibilities :
- Produced 100% Results In Income Tax Law and Practice.
- Organized National conferences, Organised career fair, workshops, Faculty Development Programmes etc.,
- Organized Industrial visits , Project Guidance
- Member, College Governing Council.
- Member academic Council-University of Madras .
- Chief – Board of Evaluation – Corporate Secretaryship – Madras University.
- Question paper setter – other Universities and Autonomous Colleges.
- Co-ordinator – Examination.
- Member, NAAC Review Committee.
- Served as Chief Superintendent – University Examinations.
- External Examiner – Conduct of Practical Examinations.
- Coordinator – Faculty Development Programme.
- Coordinator – State Level seminars & Workshop.
- Member – IQAC, Counseling Cell, Library Committee, Sports Committee etc.,